The benefits of social media include:
- It helps users connect with new people and thus help them make new friends.
- The communication made on social media is instantaneous and other users are able to see immediately what you share.
- The content that you share on social media can be shared quickly on a large scale with a huge number of audience.
- Since it allows many users to share content on the same topic, it gives access to different viewpoints on an issue.
- It acts as a good source of news.
- They provide a good platform for education purposes wherein informative content can be shared with a large audience instantaneously.
- Now-a-days, you can even do shopping on social media platforms as sellers and businesses have started using the power of such to reach out to people.
- Businesses are able to build a positive reputation by using the its power through interaction with the general public.
- It helps businesses in reaching out to customers all over the world.
- It helps organizations in getting feedback from people.
- It helps in assessing analytics of people in order to find out mood of the people or trends in the society.
- It has been known to help people get solutions to problems which they might not have been able to obtain otherwise. Even missing people have been known to be recovered by its use.
- It acts as a medium for socially shy people to build positive relationships.
- Basic usage of social networks is free of cost.
Even with all these benefits, you should always keep in mind that it is as good or as bad as you want it to be, and as much time consuming or addictive as you want it to be.
For Wikipedia entry on Social Media, click here.
For more posts on Social Media, click here.
For more posts in The Cyber Cops project, click here.