What is this cybercrime?
- Person makes fake account of another person on social media using his/her photos and other publicly available profile data.
- Do not add unknown persons as friends else they may use your profile data/photos.
- In social media settings, make the default settings of posts to “Friends only” and not “Public”.
Solution in case of incident
- Report the profile and tell your friends too to do the same.
- Take screenshots of the profile containing profile link, print them and submit the same to nearest Police Station along with complaint.
For Wikipedia entry on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts in The Cyber Cops project, click here.