What is this cybercrime?
- Person gets email that he has been chosen as a lucky draw winner of online lottery/gift.
- The scammer says that you need to pay customs duty on the gift or transfer some money into his account as token money as acceptance of gift/lottery.
- The scammer asks for money again due to increased duty or non-payment of previous amount or payment towards courier charge.
- Do not respond to such emails.
- Report such emails as SPAM.
Solution in case of incident
- Inform nearest Police Station and register a complaint including print of emails and copies of pass-book or online transactions.
- Write an application to Bank Manager including case details to return the debited money.
For Wikipedia entry on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts in The Cyber Cops project, click here.