What is this cybercrime?
- Victim uses an online portal to send SMS through names of Banks.
- The scammer sends a link to malicious website or application.
- The victim uses the fake website/application and does financial transactions.
- Do not respond to such SMS.
- Do not respond to any calls related to such an SMS.
Solution in case of incident
- Inform nearest Police Station and register a complaint including print of SMS and copies of pass-book or online transactions. Include details of calls made if any.
- Write an application to Bank Manager including case details to return the debited money.
For Wikipedia entry on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts in The Cyber Cops project, click here.